By joining a local event, you're in to win:
- a 1-year FATMAP premium voucher (learn more here!)
- FATMAP prizes
- GURU prizes
And a whole lot of community connection and inspiration!
1. Purchase your tickets for our group event here. Together, we can reach new heights, raise funds for climate advocacy, and create a positive impact on our planet.
2. Once you have confirmed your tickets, you will receive an RSVP confirmation email with the details of this event and your one month free FATMAP access.
3. Follow the How To instructional videos to learn more about using FATMAP, and let's #ClimbforClimate!
Together, we'll conquer new heights while building lasting connections.
Date: Friday, August 11
Time: 5:30 pm. Start hiking at around 5:45pm
Location: Participants can meet at the Goat Creek Parking lot (which is also the trailhead to Ha Ling but very close to East End of Rundle trailhead). Once you arrive, look for folks holding a POW flag and wearing POW hats.
Other considerations: We encourage folks to bring a headlamp as this will be a sunset hike!
- Sturdy hiking footwear
- Hiking socks (synthetic or wool/wool blend)
- Liner socks, if needed
- Underwear and sports bra
- Hiking shirt – long sleeves help with sun protection
- Hiking shorts or pants
- Weather appropriate layers (keeping in mind bodies cool with elevation, wind and sweat!)
- Snacks and personally appropriate food
- Water bottle or hydration bladder
- Sun protection (sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc)
- Safety items (headlamp, first aid kit, bug spray, bear safety gear, etc)
This is a non-guided, community initiated event raising funds for POW Canada. This means that these events are lead by people in your community just like you. There will be no guide or medical assistance on site, and safety while attending this event will be the responsibility of each and every participant. Please arrive prepared for the activity and weather, with knowledge of the trail, and your corresponding physical ability as you are assuming all risk involved in this activity.
We understand that not everyone may be able to afford the $10 ticket price, and we are committed to ensuring that the Climb For Climate event is inclusive and accessible to all. That's why we are pleased to offer sponsored tickets for those who find the ticket price beyond their budget.
At POW Canada, we firmly believe that everyone's contribution, regardless of monetary means, is valuable in our united efforts to support climate advocacy. We encourage those interested in sponsored tickets to reach out to us directly by phone to 1-833-POW-CANA, and our team will be more than happy to accommodate your request confidentially.