Join our Edmonton Chapter as they bike around Edmonton to support Climb for Climate!
By joining a local event, you're in to win:
- a 1-year FATMAP premium voucher (learn more here!)
- FATMAP prizes
- GURU prizes
And a whole lot of community connection and inspiration!
1. Purchase your tickets for our group event here. Together, we can reach new heights, raise funds for climate advocacy, and create a positive impact on our planet.
2. Once you have confirmed your tickets, you will receive an RSVP confirmation email with the details of this event and your one month free FATMAP access.
3. Follow the How To instructional videos to learn more about using FATMAP, and let's #ClimbforClimate!
Together, we'll conquer new heights while building lasting connections.
Date: Monday August 7th
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Meet our POW Edmonton Chapter at Government House Park (9938 Groat Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T5N 3H9)
FATMAP Link to the route that we will be riding: https://fatmap.com/routeid/3368495/central-edmonton-mtb-sampler?fmid=cp
When you arrive, look out for our Edmonton Chapter Leader Evan, who will be meeting you at the parking lot at Government House Park. You can contact Evan directly at [email protected]
Mountain bike gear essentials:
- Hydration bladder or water bottle
- Water or energy drink
- Energy bars and food
- Repair kit items (Bike multi-tool with Allen keys, spare tube, patch kit, tire levers, mini bike pump or CO2 inflator with cartridges)
- Bike shorts with or without padded liner shorts
- Riding jersey/shirt
- Bike shoes
- Lightweight packable shell and extra layers
- Eye protection/sunglasses
- Optional: Body armour
Don't forget your phone to track our metres!
This is a non-guided, community initiated event raising funds for POW Canada. This means that these events are lead by people in your community just like you. There will be no guide or medical assistance on site, and safety while attending this event will be the responsibility of each and every participant. Please arrive prepared for the activity and weather, with knowledge of the trail, and your corresponding physical ability as you are assuming all risk involved in this activity.
We understand that not everyone may be able to afford the $10 ticket price, and we are committed to ensuring that the Climb For Climate event is inclusive and accessible to all. That's why we are pleased to offer sponsored tickets for those who find the ticket price beyond their budget.
At POW Canada, we firmly believe that everyone's contribution, regardless of monetary means, is valuable in our united efforts to support climate advocacy. We encourage those interested in sponsored tickets to reach out to us directly by phone to 1-833-POW-CANA, and our team will be more than happy to accommodate your request confidentially.