CELEBRATING SOMETHING? GIVE THE GIFT OF CLIMATE ADVOCACY!
Donate on behalf of your special person here, and we will help you celebrate them this month!
BIG DAY COMING SOON? CELEBRATE WITH POW CANADA!
Are you looking for the perfect way to give back to winter? Celebrate your big day with us!
Instead of gifting, gathering or accumulating things to celebrate your big day - give the gift of real change!
Give the gift of POW!
- Wedding gifts: Already have everything you need for your new home and life together? Instead of a wedding registry, ask for your guests to donate to POW Canada!
- Birthday gifts: Avoiding the accumulation of things in your place? Instead of birthday gifts as for your friends and family to donate to POW Canada on your behalf!
- Holiday gifts: Looking to avoid the holiday frenzy? Give the gift of POW instead!
- Giving Tuesday: The perfect day to give back to the planet!
STEPS TO YOUR CELEBRATION
- Plan + set up your celebration: This can be as in depth or simple as you'd like! You can ask for donations instead of gifts, or host a party and as for donations on site!
- Market your celebration: Share your celebration fundraiser by sharing this link with friends, family and beyond! This link takes them to our celebration donation page where they can dedicate their donation to you for your special day!
- Enjoy your celebration! Fill your celebration with POW Canada features such as inviting our local chapter to activate at your event, host POW Canada swag on site or share the POW Canada presentation - all available in Section Four of this course.
- Share your celebration on social media with us so we can celebrate your big day too! Tag us in your stories and posts so we can give you a public thank you!
- Optional: If you received gifts in the form of funds you would like to donate personally, donate them here!
Hosting a larger celebration? Learn more about how you can celebrate your big day in our Host-A-Fundraiser course!
What platform should I use for fundraising?
In order for your friends and family to receive a donation receipt from us they should donate through this link on our website.
If you choose to use an external fundraising platform that would be based on a personal choice, keeping in mind that most external platforms charge a fee per donation, and would not tie your donations directly to POW Canada as you would have to facilitate a transfer. If you choose to go this route you can donate your externally raised funds here.
Will my supporters receive a donation receipt?
If your supporters donate through the links listed above, they will receive a donation receipt from POW Canada.
Donors that donate through an external fundraiser, such as your celebration, would not receive a donation receipt for their support. POW Canada abides by Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) ensuring that any emails gathered are done so with expressed approval by the recipient. We do not receive lists of emails of any kind from third parties.
Your donors are supporting your celebration, and though their donation will end up supporting POW Canada. If they are donating through a third party and are not giving expressed consent in sharing their email address with POW Canada. Due to this, we will not have their donation or their email address on record.
We suggest donating through the links above for donation receipt delivery.
Can the POW Canada team help me celebrate?
Depending on your goal, the proximity to one of our chapters, and how large your anticipated fundraising results are there could be opportunity for us to link you with our awesome local team of Chapter Leaders.
If you are a "Double Black Level" fundraiser - projecting $10,000 in fundraising efforts or more - POW Canada can also assist by sending you marketing assets! If this sounds like your celebration, please enroll into our Host-A-Fundraiser course for more information. Please keep in mind that this is for larger challenges and fundraisers only, and our team would need at a minimum of 2 months preparation time.
Go through all of these steps in more detail in our Host-A-Fundraiser course!
Can I use the POW Canada logo?
Yes! You are welcome to put "Give the gift of" beside the POW Canada logo. We ask that this line be small and towards the bottom of your invitation.
Please do not have the POW Canada logo as a main logo image at the top of your celebration marketing and invitations.
Please do not say that your celebration is "in partnership with POW Canada"
Refer to our Host-A-Fundraiser Course for more details around our brand requirements.
Can I get POW Canada stickers or apparel for my friends and family?
We recognize the incredible support having our apparel at your fundraiser could bring POW Canada, however at this time we do not have an apparel program that can support external fundraisers selling our merchandise.
As a climate advocacy nonprofit we are very cognizant of how we print our apparel, who we print our apparel with, and the waste and carbon footprint involved in the creation of our apparel. Printing our logo on apparel to sell at your fundraiser would be against our values as a nonprofit and such action would receive an immediate cease and desist.
You're welcome to purchase apparel from our store for resale at our designated prices. Stickers, t-shirts, hoodies, hats, beanies and more are available for you online.
Can we encourage our friends and family to become members?
We would love that! Head to your member dashboard, click "JOIN THROUGH ME", copy the link to that page including your recruiter ID and invite your friends and family along the advocacy journey!
What if I don't raise many funds? Am I required to donate if it is a small amount?
Transparent reporting is of fundamental importance for POW Canada. Whether you raise $1, $100, or $1000 - your donation means the world to our programming. Every dollar counts. When someone donates through your fundraiser and believes they are donating to POW Canada we hope to see that promise realized.
Thank you for your support through your celebration! We hope you have an incredible day celebrating and are honoured to be a part of your big day!