FUNDRAISING AT RESORTS
Annual financial commitment for the POW Resort Alliance is based on a sliding scale depending on the size of your resort and/or the level of fundraising and advocacy efforts you are willing to commit. For 2023/24 we have waived the financial commitment - but are asking that all resorts plan a fundraiser/ awareness event to contribute to POW.
Through hosting a fundraising event you will help:
- Build membership and engage potential climate advocates.
- Build awareness and educate on the importance of climate action.
- Raise funds to support POW's climate advocacy work.
From film festivals to community events, birthday and wedding gift donations, long distance cycling trips to physical achievements - there are so many ways to raise money for Protect Our Winters Canada!
Feel free to get creative with your fundraising ideas and let us know if you need any further resources or support to pull it off! If hosting a fundraiser is new to you please check out our HOST A FUNDRAISER guide and how-to course for help planning and managing a POW Canada event as well as answers to many frequently asked questions.
Here are a few resort specific fundraising ideas to get your gears turning:
ON THE SKI HILL
- Donate $1 for every lift ticket sold at your resort to POW
- Ask for $1 donation to POW at the check out
- Ask season's pass purchasers to donate to POW when they buy their passes (Provide a $5, $10, $50 option)
- Encourage recycling throughout the ski season while fundraising by placing POW bottle bins, having a bottle drive and donating all bottle refunds
- Set up a POW information and donation booth set up in your village or lodge
- Gear swap with a percentage of sales going to POW Canada
- Ski-day with local pros (check for local POW Athletes who might be available)
- Educational or speaking event with experts (check for local POW Science Alliance members who might be available)
- Ski/Snowboard Film Premiere (ask us about films you can showcase in the fall and check for local POW Creative Alliance members who might be available)
- Silent Auction at corporate or networking events, trade shows or conferences
- Have your local POW Regional Chapter set up a booth at other events going on at your resort
- Host a matching donation drive
- Suggest weddings and other events happening at your resort donate to POW instead of gifts, or buy POW swag as giveaways
- Fun ski/snowboard races, rail jams or competitions
- Zero garbage, Mountain clean-up and plogging challenges
- Run/walk/cycle/summit races and challenges
Let us know when you are hosting your POW event and we will add it to our events calendar.