Annual financial commitment for the POW Resort Alliance is based on a sliding scale depending on the size of your resort and/ or the level of fundraising and advocacy efforts you are willing to commit. For 2021/22 we have waived the financial commitment- but are asking that all resorts plan a fundraiser/ awareness event to contribute to POW.
Through hosting a fundraising event you will help:
- Build membership and engage potential climate advocates.
- Build awareness and educate on the importance of climate action.
- Raise funds to support POW's climate advocacy work.
Feel free to get creative with your fundraising ideas and let us know if you need any further resources or support to pull it off!
Here are a few fundraising ideas to get your gears turning:
- Donate $1 to every lift ticket sold at your resort to POW
- Ask for $1 donation to POW at the check out
- Ask season's pass purchasers to donate to POW when they buy their passes (Provide a $5, $10, $50 option)
- Host a matching donation drive
- Host a gear swap with a percentage of sales going to POW Canada
- Host a fun Ski/ Snowboard race, Rail Jam or competition
- Silent Auction
- Ski/ Snowboard Film Premiere (ask us about films you can showcase in the fall)
- Ski with local pros
- Photo Contest
- Bottle Drive
Let us know when you are hosting your POW event and we will add it to our events calendar.